Well better today....in some ways. grin

Put 6.5hours in and when it comes to hills, Michigan sure as hell isn't Pa. Anyway short story was 5 flushes and I had to miss an easy one that got up at my feet. He was in the thick pretty quick, but I should have had a Bird. Hot again and the Dogs took a beating. Put Toby in the car after 4. He was pounding the thick stuff and started to fade. The Little Guy lasted another two before he slowed down. Not bad for 8-9months.

Ticks? Everywhere and many. Took a couple breaks and I must have killed 20. Almost all the small Deer tick. Picked a couple off that I could feel crawling on the drive home. I hate them all.

All in all a good day considering.

As far as the Fayette Cong. Not much has been mentioned about them the last 5 years or so. I honestly think it was a relatively few back then that gained notoriety and then some started coping and it got a little out of hand. Truthfully you hear about very little of it going on today. Fact is where I'm from they had their share for many years. Some of which were family. Actually I hunt with a fellow that lives around Ohio Pyle. Great guy. He tells me some of the stories that were going around at one time, but actually nothing now for quite some time.

That area also has some great history from the time of the French and Indian wars. Washington escaped getting killed twice before we broke off from the Brits and he was a young Buck in the Brit army. Once at For Necessity, which was nothing more than a ring of slabs, and the French and Indians had them surrounded and out numbered. His good luck was it rained and every ones powder got wet and the French let them go. After they signed a promise not to fight again. Didn't work and they were lucky the French were there, because the Indians were ready to kill them all and would have.

A second time was when he was with General Braddock while they were carving their way thru the forest with a couple thousand men. They were strung out in a long line when the French/Indians hit them in the middle and killed over half of them. Washington was in the rear and missed the worst of it. Ugly fight it was and one not known by all that many today.

Dogs need brushed and all of us need de-ticked.

Last edited by battue; 10/22/15.

laissez les bons temps rouler