Ha!! Cool, I wanted to get him in on that this year myself, but no Buck showed himself were I could get any shooting. Lots of Does tried to jump in the pot, but we let them be for now. In addition, nice Buck. Congrats.

Merlot is starting to roan up himself, but probably will not end up as much as yours. But the orange ticking keeps coming out. One thing I also see is the similarity in eye color and placement in the head. They both have a kinda Asian slant when it comes to eye position. Ear coloring and hair texture is practically identical.

Looks like you are having as much fun with Abby-had a fine Springer by that name-as I with Merlot.

Cool pics and thanks for the update on how you two are coming along. cool

Interesting story. One day while shooting a guy pulled up in a Jeep and out came what looked like an identical twin to Toby, the black Cocker. Now Toby doesn't care all that much about other Dogs. No aggression, he just doesn't care. Well, the two of them did the sniffing thing and then took off over the field together.

I commented on the similarity and how it was odd for Toby to want to play with another Dog. Guy then asks me were Toby came from. Turns out our Dogs were out of different litters from the same mating. They were Brothers. Those two for the rest of the day were inseparable. They ran each other ragged and then laid down beside each other until they caught their wind and then went at it again. Toby hasn't done the same since and it took him quite awhile to have much to do with Merlot.

Last edited by battue; 12/24/15.

laissez les bons temps rouler