Battue, I will say living in southwestern pa. And northcentral, pa. And commuting back and forth for decades to camp I've noticed the huge difference in the woods. Not just flora and fauna, but the DCNR management practices as well. There is more cutting/forest rejuvenation up north.

Pole stage and mature forest plague the area where I'm from back home. Plus I can't tell you how many places I used to Hunt in my teens in the 80's that had wild grapes. Alot of those places got mowed down for housing plans or homes. To many people on the planet displacing grouse habitat dammit.....lol.

Seriously though, look at Seven Springs area, there used to be some decent grouse hunting there and immediate vicinity. Now look at all the housing plans and new homes. Plus, all that jazz ruined some of my trout fly fishing waters with the grouse hunting.

Those things and all the stuff you mentioned above they don't have a chance. Will see what happens to Maine in a few years. My brother in law saI'd the samething to me while up there. Hes lived there for twenty years now and before he said he had no turkeys around him and now they got piles around him and he did say when I was up there last time that the grouse around his house werent as plentiful as before.

Tight chains.

A=A

The perfection of life with a gun dog, like the perfection of an Autumn, is disturbing because you know, even as it begins, that it must end. Time bestows the gift and steals it in the process. "George Bird Evans"