I'm on my second Filson double mack; the old one magically stopped fitting. It is a heavy sucker though, but nothing feels as snug and cozy sitting on a log in the woods. They also make some lighter stuff for still-hunting or warmer days. Filson stuff is pricey, but very high quality and worth every penny. I used to have their upland vest and chaps, but gave them to my son who does a lot of bird hunting these days.

I recently ordered a Bemidji jacket just for deer hunting, but they emailed back that they were out of the fabric I ordered and didn't say when it would be available. Most websites wouldn't let you order out-of-stock stuff. They also don't have a fit guide online, so call for help before you order. Their stuff looks great and they have a lot of stuff made with 29 and 30oz fabric. Most is 85/15 wool-nylon, but a few items are pure wool. They have a blaze orange hunting coat that's 30oz pure wool that looks like a beast. Prices are well below Filson. If Filson prices are out if line for you, I'd give them a good look. I'm going to re-order that jacket I wanted later.

Some years back, I was in the Hamburg, PA Cabelas and found a washable wool, insulated coat in my size for $50 in the bargain cave. Even with a Filson in the closet, I couldn't pass it up. It's not double-caped, but it's very warm, possibly warmer than the Filson.

What fresh Hell is this?