At long last, after a misstep (my fault), today I received my Bemidji Voyageur Jac Coat. It's 29oz 100% virgin wool in blaze orange, made in the USA. The quality is first rate, equal to my Filson caped mac. The fabric is 20% heavier than the Filson, but without the lower patch pockets, caped yoke and sleeves, and game pocket, the total weight is considerably less. The pockets are limited to two buttoned chest pockets and two handwarmer pockets. There's a generous collar big enough to fold up to protect my neck and plenty of room in the sleeves to permit layering without limiting movement.

I originally ordered my regular size, but it just fit and wouldn't allow me to put anything substantial underneath. In addition, the red and black plaid fabric was only 24oz 85/15 wool/nylon and the weave seemed somewhat looser than Filson's. Due to the seasonal demand, color selection was limited, so I bit the bullet and went for a dedicated hunting coat in blaze. The color is deep blaze orange, but not as bright as most hunting vests.

This is going to be perfect for the weather we typically have during the deer season and a much more practical weight for still-hunting than the heavy Filson, which is now my designated Winter coat.

If you're in the market for US made wool coats, pants, etc. give Bemidji a look. If you see something you like, I suggest you call and verify availability before ordering.
http://www.bemidjiwoolenmills.com/d..._jac_coat&c=Bemidji%20Woolen%20Mills

Last edited by Pappy348; 11/18/15.

What fresh Hell is this?