Thank you all for the excellent feedback.

can afford the Filson Double Mack, just trying to figure out if it's that much better than Woolrich.

See I'm a Pennsylvania guy and where Woolrich was made wasn't to far from our hunting camp. Like a two hour drive and once a year the family would get together and go to both stores in Woolrich, Pennsylvania.

I have alot woolrich wool shirts and I forget the one jackets name, but it was marketed with some Alaska pitch. It's a big blue down parka with coyote fur collar and was a beast while working and playing in Maine for two years. So warm, if you were walking youd only want a t shirt on underneath. I used to wear it ice fishing with just a red ram wool base layer and woolrich heavy flannel and never got cold.

My hunting style on most days is moving for awhile very very slowly and stopping for awhile. I like to slither like a snake....lol. Based on temps I'm hunting in could be on on walk in, on on walk in un buttoned or not on while walking etc.

But I want something that is warm enough to stand for awhile in one spot as well. I'm trying on a daily basis to move to Wyoming to put down roots, live the rest of my m life and retire. I want something that can keep me warm in the elevations at winter time come nasty weather. Basically looking for some [bleep] hit the fan nasty stuff blow in and I want to stay warm gear. Thanks again

Tight chains.

A=A

The perfection of life with a gun dog, like the perfection of an Autumn, is disturbing because you know, even as it begins, that it must end. Time bestows the gift and steals it in the process. "George Bird Evans"