Originally Posted by MolonLabe41
Valsdad, I reread last post you made and it has convinced me all the way down to and accept the part about hunting in downpours.

I've had my fair days of that jazz and I'll simply stay in stoking the fire all day and chasing the Mrs around the house. Tomorrow's another day for this fella nowadays. I've had to work year round in extreme weather crazy all my life and I'm done with that for the moment... snowstorms I dig, but the torrential downpours nada.

Thanks for the awesome website link

I mostly feel the same about "playing" around in downpours. I still have to work in them at times. Everyone else can have their Gore-tex and other breathable stuff and I'll stick with the old style H/H or Grundens canvas backed rubber gear. But I can't hunt in that stuff as I'm not much for sitting a stand. 2 hours and I gotta move.

The wool stuff breaths, and when I start to get soaked a bit, time to head home.

Beside... chasing the Mrs around is fun too.

I hope the Asbells do you right as they have me.

Geno

PS, the stuff I got from them was generously sized. You might provide your actual measurements it you like stuff to really fit. My vest could actually be a size smaller, but what the heck, I'm happy enough.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?