Originally Posted by Stevil
Gee 1deernut you sure are insecure about ur gear !! Lol

Just enjoy ya rifle, but there is no deny the advantages of the 260 when lightweight, low recoil and 600yd deer slaying a ability is required !!

And picking a 45yr old slapper over Miley Cyrus !! Wow haha

Insecure? Not in the least. Confident in all the rifles I own, build, hunt, shoot. If not, they go down the road.

I enjoy all my rifles. Most with 'deer slaying abilities' out a ways further than 600. I love the 260 Rem, but it has no big advantage over the 7mm-08, for example. Given the 6.5/140 AMAX versus the 7mm/162 AMAX. The 162 is going to trump the 140. More downrange energy, less drift, and more caliber with only slightly more recoil. You may say that the 260/140 will be much faster. The fact is that equal barrel lengths in each caliber with equal cases and equal bullet weight, the one with the bigger bore is faster. The 708/162 versus the 260/140 velocities will be close. Run the numbers.

In any case, I own and shoot the 260 more than the 7-08. But I'm not so narrow-minded to think that the 260 in a light rifle with a short barrel is the best answer to anything just because I own it. And therein lies the problem with your posts.

Not sure where I picked a '45yr old slapper' over the skank you mention. But, you haven't comprehended anything I've written, and actually added things I did not, so I'm not surprised. As you were.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson