Flat shooting.... light weight... deer/elks/ capable.... I'm suprised no one bought up the Fluted Tikka T3s that SAS has in stock. One of those in 6.5 Sweede would be pretty bad ass for this assignment.

A 123 Skinner (for tags) and Amax (for vermin) at 3100 is no f'n joke in the "Flat shooting/Hard hitting" department.

Stick .525/123/3100 in your ballistic pipe and smoke it... that'll make your .25-06 110 Accubond load look like turd launched from a potato cannon.... with less recoil/less drift/less drop.... that's what we call a win/win/win.

You also have the option of stepping up to the 139/140 class bullets and send them at 2850ish.... VLD, Scenar, Amax, Partition, etc.... there's a lot of 6.5 bullets that'll do BIG work... for a pretty measly investment in powder.

.600/140/2850 is a Ted Williams-esque triple crown stat line that takes some real looking to beat... especially for about 50-55 grains of powder.

OR.... you could warp-speed some 100 TTSXs and do a great .25/06 impression....

I love the .25/06.... I've shot a lot of schitt with them.... but the slightly smaller 6.5's do all the quarterbores have ever done.... with less fuss and more options. Same goes for the .270 (which I do not love)... a critter will never know the difference between a 130/6.5 and a 130/6.8 bullet.... but I know the difference when I pull the trigger. Why pay the higher price for equal (to lesser) performance?

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......