Originally Posted by Bling
What would you recommend? I don't want no varmint barrel. Just standard sporter. Nothing 1000$. I have a Tbolt 22mag on order need a good 22. What say you?

When you say 'sporter', do you have action in mind? Like many others, I own several different 22s. Will you be hunting with it, or just plinking?

Marlin is the way to go if you want a cheap and accurate autoloader that doesn't need to be modded. A Model 60 is inexpensive and will outshoot a Ruger 10/22 out of the box 99 times out of 100. If you don't want a tubular mag, the Model 795 uses a mag.

I have owned and shot Rems, Ruger and Marlin autoloaders, I tried twice to love the 10-22, but the triggers were atrocious and the accuracy was so-so on both. I had no time or desire to spend money on aftermarkets things to make it shoot better.

The 597 shot better than the Ruger, but I had mag issues with mine. Granted, this was a few years ago. I believe they worked out the kinks with their feed problems. I didn't care for the Rem stock either, but that was just me.

The Marlin shot well out of the box. The trigger was better than the Ruger, but that's subjective too. The pull was lighter, but both were gritty, long pulls.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]