The 168's absolutely bughole in my heavy 7 WSM with 7828 SSC. I just did the 100-yd load workup but haven't shot them yet at LR; waiting for the fog to lift from the hills. They were very easy to load for, though that is likely due to the rifle as much as anything. It shoots everything I put in it, so far. I'm also hoping to load them for my Kimber, so, fingers crossed that they cooperate there as well.

As Dennis says, (hey Dennis! How goes sir?) Litz has seen some discrepancy between reported v. field-tested BC's. Worth noting is that the 168 is pretty close to advertised BC, and is very good in that regard.

I'm interested in them as a LR game (elk mainly) bullet. Field reports are variable as to terminal performance, but a theme is that they are quite soft up front. Still, there's not a LR game bullet in 7mm that ISN'T soft, so.... worth a try. I'll definitely shoot a deer or three with them before launching one at an elk.

To the OP- if banging steel is your intended use, try the 162 Amax. Much cheaper, easy to get to shoot, very accurate. Availability can be spotty. I bought 1000 this spring when they were around. Hopefully they still are.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!