The PITA where I shoot long range isn't finding somewhere far, it's finding somewhere far where a) there's easy access to the target and b) you aren't shooting from or across a road, which is illegal. For that reason my practice leans heavily towards hitting a 12" plate rather than shooting for groups per se. I can hear the hits. I don't need easy access to the target.

But I was forced to find such a spot with the 168 LRAB's. Damn things group great at 100 but just weren't banging the gong properly at LR.

Found a place I could satisfy a) and arguably b) above and shot at paper a couple days ago. At ~400 yards the LRAB group was so big I didn't bother measuring it. 2.5 MOA-ish. I don't know why. No keyholes.

Google finds at least one other guy reporting something similar, over on the LRHF.

For reference the same rifle shot the 162 AM into .6 MOA at the same distance, same conditions, same session.

Shelving the LRAB's until I have time and energy to start from scratch with them. Lefty's report above certainly doesn't add any urgency to that.

I'm curious if anyone has a notion how a bullet could do great at 100 yds then fall so utterly apart at 400. Gotta be ES and/or stabilization, right? Same powder as the 162's (7828 SSC) and they show no evidence of ES issues.

Back to the 162's... In decent conditions they make my 740 yard gong downright boring.

Travis is looking for his PJ's............ smile

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!