Originally Posted by leftycarbon
Saw the questions on the 7MM AB LR so I will share my experiences.
I used this bullet in my 7MMRem. Since there is plenty of magazine length I throated the lilija barrel so I could seat bullets out quite a bit further. With a stiff charge of H1000 this load just touches 3000 with good accuracy out to 650 and good case life.
I killed three elk and a mule deer. 5x5, 6x6, and a cow. Average size mule deer. Ranges were from 150yards (cow)250 5x5,and 275 6x6. Mule deer was 325.

IMOP this is a very fragile bullet. I recovered one bullet (mule deer) and it was the size of a aspirin....maybe 40 grains.
Could only find jacket and lead in the elk.
The 6x6 was hit in the near shoulder and the bullet disintegrated and the bull took off on 3 legs. Three shots later he was on the ground, but it wasn't pretty. 5x5 was double lunged and went about 50 yards. lungs were soup could not find the bullet. Mule deer near shoulder destroyed and some fragments in the lungs. Took a while to find him but he was down with one shot.
No bullets exited and minimal blood trails. I will only use this bullet on deer. It may bonded but it wont stay together.
As soon as I get pictures out of my phone and camera I will post.

Lefty C

Lefty, that is pure gold there. Thank you!!

I went up there to my LR spot with a buddy early this morning to shoot the LRAB's. I again came away confused. I'm going to need to hit the reset button here and head back to the 100-yard range and see WTF. I had shot a 5-shot group in the .4" realm with the LRAB's so I called it good and moved to long range. Now I'm wondering if that was fool's gold. I'll get back if/when I have anything meaningful to add.

Lefty's comments about terminal ballistics, at least at those relatively short ranges, are not encouraging. I have a proven 162 Amax load for this rifle- I used it to kill a decent buck at ~600 yards this fall- so the goal for the LRAB is something less frangible and more likely to hold together on bull elk. It may be that the LRAB terminal ballistics aren't up to par for that.

My buddy had two DPMS LR308's (AR10, basically) with him. I at one point owned one of the big bull-barrel LR308's, because you see I'm so damn anti-gun and all (Travis, that's sarcasm, kiddo!), and my buddy had shot it... It inspired him to get these two. One is set up for LR with a Nightforce. A really fun rifle to lob heavy SMK's with; very accurate. I built an AR15 from parts this last year, my 4th or 5th AR, because you see I'm so damn anti-gun and all (again with the sarcasm, Trav!), with a fast-twist barrel for the heavies. I built it just to screw around with 69 SMK's at medium ranges while barrels cooled on other rifles, etc. The only problem is I can't see or hear the bullet strikes on the steel plates! Hmmm.

-------------------

I see Travis got the drama explosion he so craved. I was trying to figure out WTF possessed the little feller to do that, then it dawned on me. I think, that HE thinks, that I have aspirations towards marketing myself as a rifle builder here*. So I think, that he thought, he'd better save all you poor naive innocents from the Pure Evil that is, well, me. So he went running off to his bedroom, put on his cute lil' superhero pajamas, and came charging back to save the day by undercutting my evil plan!!!

Am I right, Trav? Tell the truth now.

*bwa ha ha!

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!