I shot the 168 LRAB at distance today. It was pretty blustery. Started at 565 yards; and found that the drop corresponded to my Ballistic software well enough to hit a 12" plate. I was alone so most of the time I don't know where I was hitting it. Saw a few. Anyway, I just grabbed the bullet out of the library, set MV to 2925 fps (estimate), and whap. Speaks well to the BC being close to advertised, which jibes with Mr. Litz' data on this particular LRAB.

The bullet was shooting accurately, and handling the wind like a .650-class BC should, so it got boring, so I moved back to 775 yards. This is where the gusty winds started to kick my butt. Still, I could tell at least the drop dope still looked good.

I'm headed up Sunday morning with a 'Fire buddy so I'll have a spotter and should be able to update this with more and better info then. For a first trip up, in those conditions, in new brass, I thought the bullet did great. Certainly, it seemed like the 162 Amax had nothing on it- shot some of those today too. The rifle shoots both to sub-.5 MOA at 100 yds "all day long" "if I do my part" so it wasn't a surprise to see the LRAB's appear to do as well as the 162's out there a ways. But you never know.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!