Clark, I bought one box of the 168's to try 'em.... got back from the range a few days ago and ordered two more boxes, due to how well they did. I was actually going in with low expectations because in my research, I'd certainly seen a number of reports like yours, but the 168's were super in my rifle.

They are not a beloved bullet on the internets, that's for sure. smile

They passed the first obstacle for me (excellent 100-yd accuracy). We'll see how they do at distance. I've got a 12" plate that I can get a 450-900 yard shot on. I can torment it at will with the 162, so the bar is high.

Terminal ballistics is another thing entirely. I'm giving Noz the benefit of the doubt in that regard.... I typically kill blacktails at relatively short ranges so even though I don't see them as an ideal short range bullet- too soft- I do plan on testing them that way before using them on elk. Got a few years until I draw the bull tag I want anyway. We had spike tags this year for that unit, and found a major bull hangout. We saw several 6x6 class bulls in one day, and it's an excellent LR spot, so it really lit me up! Came back plotting a 338 Edge or RUM build but my 7 WSM should be adequate IF I can find a suitable bullet. Love the Amax on deer but from what I've seen, not ideal for bull elk.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!