Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Used it and seen it used on some elk, a couple of moose, and a handful of deer, at ranges from 40 yards to ~750 meters (can't remember the exact range, would have to check my notes). No blow-ups, and excellent performance. I've seen full penetration on elk and moose, from various angles. IME, the 162AM expands aggressively, but has the body length to dig deep. For purposefully close, break-neck speed shots, I like the 140 TTSX from my 7WSM. For everything else, the 162AM works.

Being a C&C, there's always the chance that it could come unglued on a tough target, and I guess your 1 deer that unhinged the bullet is a reminder of that, but by and large, I've seen great performance from AM bullets on game.

Good info- thanks.

If only someone made a bonded, high-BC bullet that expanded down to, say, 1300 fps but wouldn't blow up at high impact speeds or on heavy bone......... hey waitaminute..... smile

Actually that's the knock on the LRAB that I've seen in my poking around the internet: the front part of the bullet is quite explosive and the wound channel from the remaining back part is underwhelming. BUT, people say the weirdest [bleep] about bullets- stuff that's contrary to my direct experience. So I'm not writing them off.

Had a nice buck out under the oaks in my pasture today. I was like, hmmm! A volunteer for a bullet test! wink

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!