Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

What the hell do facts have to do with this? No way can a $300 scope WORK! laugh

Heck, I had forgotten about that thread!

At that time I ended up buying two of the 4200's in 3-9x40 for $80 each.

I will end up with a 2-7x32, or a 3-9x40, in a svelte, trim format on the rifle when I am done. For this project, the only twisting of turrets will be to establish an initial 250 yd zero. I have no problem with hold over to 400 yds with a cartridge like the 260.

This rifle will fit comfortabley in a saddle scabbard, or it is useless to me.

I have others which are more cumbersome and are a fit platform for target style scopes.

But one scope in the closet with big old target turrets to run diagnostics can not be a bad idea.

Back to the subject of the rifle. I actually purchased a pair of identical twins. One for me, and one for my son. They were each equally disapointing from the moment of purchase.

I have been tweaking and tinkering with each of them off and on for thirteen years. I finally got mine down to slightly over two moa, and then traded it to my son about a year ago.

I am now working with the one which had belonged to my son.

My original rifle was bedded into the laminate stock. I switched the second action into the laminate stock. And it would not shoot for schitt. I put the action back into the original synthetic stock and posted the groups here.

The next step in the process will be to take the dremel to the bedding on the laminate stock and rebed to this specific action.

Then I will mount a test scope and see if anything has changed.

At this point, I am more than a bit skeptical. But you folks have convinced me to go through the steps again.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.