Originally Posted by Big Stick

'Shooter,

You've very obviously never shot skookum glass,that reliably arranges POA/POI intersections,as per whim. Hint.

Or mebbe I've never seen a boat paddle so equipped?!? I keep getting this stuff confused.
Laughing!

You can keep bumping your head,or connect dots...the warm/fuzzy is VERY easily arranged. It ain't "bad luck",that schit glass yields schit results.

Re-hint.....................

Pretty sure you ain't often confused about much.

And the first sentence in the quote don't miss the truth by much. I am not ashamed to admit it. I have been doing pretty fair on the terrain I hunt with shots to 400 with the glass I have previously owned.

As long as it would reliably hold a 300 yd zero, I have been capable of taking care of the rest. 3/4 of the game I have killed has been with an old Win 670 in 30-06 w/ a 2-7x32 V7 Weaver.

That old girl was a beech to sight in. The turrets did not track for crap when I bought it in '79 and it never got any better. But once she was zeroed, she never shifted. It is now at home on a Rem 572 that the grand kids shoot the hell out of.

Yeah, poor folks sometimes got poor ways.

Hunting is serious schitt, and I like to keep it simple.

Recreational shooting, on the other hand is for play. I am willing to experiment a bit in that regard. The 264 may be a minimum entry toward the 1000 yd goal. It prints tight enough, has 20 moa in the mounts, and so far impact follows the turret pretty well. But it is a Viper. I have not yet shot it past 500. Maybe we will play with it a bit more this winter.

While we are on the line, advise me as to the best way to put 30 mm rings on the Ruger. A weaver adapter rail? Or Ruger 30 mm rings? I am guessing that is a 30 mm in the pic in Ruger rings.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.