It's a shame that someone at Howa don't shoot,so they could connect dots.

Were it 1-8" and driving a mag system of greater COAL latitude,they'd of had it. Couple same in S/S and you are there. If forced to suffer 2.300" COAL constraints,I'd just as soon go Krunchenticker mags,if only because they abound and are proven in their rugged reliability. Going to a proprietary system that doesn't share mags and is of such trite latitude,is a right proper Goat Fhuqk.

S/S Stoners will grant more COAL than that and are 10 Clams a throw. With them,one can keep 75A-Max ogives above casemouths and reduce the leap to boot.

Because boolits matter more than a smidge,mags matter more than a smidge and the parcel can be no better than it's weakest link. When one becomes Twistchow and COALchow,the goodness is gone by default.

When talking .378" casehead DBM's,AM steals the show,as 2.500" is easily arranged.

[Linked Image]

Their 5rd is of modest profile,as compared to say a Stoner 10rd.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I'd much rather drive a blind magbox of far greater latitude,than a DBM squeeze which precludes the good stuff.

'Twere a 105A-Max and 75A-Max Show yesterday,with a single magfed smooched poke each. The 270 launches the 105's at 2525fps from it's 18.5" spout('335) and The Rocktucky is squirting 75gr formloads at 2980fps from it's 21" tube(Lever').

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

With PSA S/S Freedom 16" Middie Rifle Kits for under 350 Clams and stripped lowers for under 50,when talking bang for the buck...I'm going Krunchenticker to reap a S/S spout and eek more COAL,as well as reserve RPM at 1-7". Mags of course abound are are vastly superior to boot.

They rock with a 6x MQ on top.

Hint.

While Howa is better than a bunch,they failed miserably and only scratched the surface on this attempt..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."