NRA is the only organization between what we have and what Hitlery would have for us.
When I lived down south there were those that thought NRA was equivalent to the KKK. The NRA isn't made up of perfect people any more than any section of society, including writers.
Many of you are upset because he felt AR-15's were not sporting rifles. I know people that feel the same about center fire rifles and indeed percussion black powder. The flint lock to them is the only true hunting rifle.
We all have history which has formed our opinions. The thing about Zumbo was that he was too popular and well respected. What he said was not that bad if he wasn't in the spotlight.
From my look at hunting over a few decades, I hated seeing game shot at long distances and lost and too many game blown apart with high velocity bullets designed for 1,000 feet per second slower.
My generation is passing, bullets are 500% better, rifles are better and game is changing. To me shooting pigs is something brand new.
Shooting at pigs with an AR-10 in no way offends me and I'd bet the same would be for Zumbo.
Spraying a mountainside with a semi-auto rifle with a 30 round magazine shooting at deer or elk or other big game animal offends me. Having a AR-10 and AR-15 is a right and I'm putting money down to defend that right. Not for me, but for my grandchildren.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally