Originally Posted by shaman
Originally Posted by BullShooter
Originally Posted by shaman
... What if John Barsness wrote a weblog entry that all pink camo hunting rifles needed to be banned by the federal government, that they were only used by women and fairies and he wanted them banned from the hunting woods and obsession outlawed? ...

(emphasis added}

shaman-

In your professional shamanic opinion, is it even theoretically possible that some persons might obsess over pink camo hunting rifles?

How might such obsession be manifested? How might the obsession be recognized by us common non-shamans?

--Bob

Sorry I missed this. I was on the road giving meteorology lectures to the groundhogs. It's a busy time of year for us shamanic types.

Look, if folks can obsess on black rifles, I would think pink rifles would be possible. Frankly I can't stand pink rifles, and if I had my way, pink rifles and the 270 WIN would be barred from the hunting woods. However, that's just my eccentric view of things, and I understand the slippery slope. Therefore I do not openly advocate for it.

I do not feel as strongly about pink rifles as I do the 270 Winchester. However, describing my feelings about 270 WIN may give you some idea. I've been angered by the very sight of the 270 WIN, and it is problem I've been having since I was first left to my own devices in a barbershop when I was 5. In over fifty years, I have never been able to bring myself to fire a round in 270 WIN. I dislike articles written about 270 WIN. I dislike rifles chambered in 270 WIN, even though the same identical rifle in 30-06 may please me to no end. Whenever I read an article or see a picture of somebody's successful hunt, I mentally put an asterisk by it, kind of "yes, but it was taken with (ugh!) a 270 WIN."

As reported here recently, I even bought a 25-06 rifle just to spite the concept of the 270 Winchester and I bought a bunch of 270 brass and resized them to 25-06. I get a very gratifying feeling as I "knock the queer" out of that 270 brass.

On the other hand, I have the exact opposite reaction to 35 Whelen. I find the 35 Whelen soothing. Just saying it, "Thirty Five Whelen," makes me feel good. I keep a round of 35 Whelen with a 200 grain Rem Corelokt next to my chair in the cave. When I am feeling stressed, I pick it up and roll it around in my hand and it makes me feel calm and peaceful. It has gotten quite a workout these past few years with Obama, and all. Some of the guilding metal is giving way on one edge of the bullet and there is a hint of the underlying lead peaking through.

Pink rifles do not have nearly the effect on me, but I suppose it would be the same thing. Zumbo's problem is that he let these eccentricities control his life.

Geesus, get help man, you need it.