Originally Posted by Bugger
I don't know if JZ spent anytime in the military, but when I had to give up my M14 for a POS M16 in the Marines.

I will echo the thought of a comparison of the two. Having been issued the M-14 in the Army and the M-16 in the National Guard, the M-16 reminded me of a tinker toy. In short, I just don't care for them. But, if any law abiding person wants to own one they certainly don't need my approval and shouldn't need approval from anyone else for that matter.

As far as Zumbo is concerned there is no doubt he made a foolish mistake. But I can't imagine Jack O'Connor would have said much of anything different if he had been alive. But, in all fairness, Zumbo has really made a great effort to right the wrong he did. Tom Gresham's remark's when Zumbo was awarded the "POMA/NSSF Grits Gresham Shooting Sports Communicator Award" says a lot.

After questioning the use of AR-style guns in the realm of hunting in an Outdoor Life blog entry, Jim heard the cries of gun owners. He immediately educated himself about modern sporting rifles and became a proponent of them. That speaks well of his intellectual honesty.

I'm not advocating that folks should entirely forget what he did nearly eight years ago, but I do think he should get some credit for what he has done since, such as his support for the "modern sporting rifle" and his help to Veterans.

Larry
"Speed is fine but accuracy is final" - Bill Jordan
"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc. wink