A little correction for you. Poutine is curds on fries then gravy on top of that. Gravy on fries has the distinct name of "Gravy on fries". I've never had Poutine and don't want to thank you very much. I have had gravy on Biscuits and am sorry I ever tried it. Must be an acquired taste and I believe is part of the homeland security thing because I'm pretty sure it isn't allowed this side of the border, which is okay because they can keep it.

Another acquired taste is Rye Whiskey. I've been told in an American Tavern, that "We only sell quality products here!" when asked for one. Turns out they quite happily sell "Canadian Blended Whiskey". In the same bottles and brands as I buy Rye.

Pea-meal Bacon is Pea-meal Bacon and is indeed back bacon inside the pea-meal. I was told by Ontarioian that it is as Canadian as could be but had NEVER heard of it out west. Had it/saw it for the first time in my mid fifties on a visit to Ontario.

Chesterfield vs. Sofa

A "Fifth" vs a ? referring to the missing 20% (1/5th) of a gallon subtracted for tax purpose to make the US gallon from the Imperial gallon. We don't have a missing "fifth" here.

A Ton vs a Tonne, pronounced the same. 2000 pounds vs 1000 kilograms (2200 pounds).