Originally Posted by crossfireoops
[quote]

Oh Ya, Hoser you COULD expand on that theme,....but I know your busy grinding bear into sausage, and plotting your Spring capers, so's I'll revert to type, and help ya' out.

When ya' hit Kamloops, East bound, you'll grab the "SNIPE", and "Settle Down" yer' "Boomers". Than you'll find some poor damned local to help you get your triple side "Jewelry" snugged up on yer' "Drivers",......Phew,....Tough, "Racket" that. Once you've rested in your sleeper, so's to stay square with the damned "Scale Cops", you'll be off,....just a "Gumbootin'er'" up, through, and over the Rogers Pass, ....and down into Golden.

Keep the shiny side up, Eh ?

GTC

crossfire;
Good morning to you sir, I trust this finds you and the canine watchers of your operation doing acceptably well.

Thanks for the grin and fond memories you've twigged for me on this still first Saturday in the second month of the year.

For sure sir I'd have to opine you've "been there and done that" a time or seven if you knew that much local lingo.

"Snipe" when I use it at work still has some BC born and bred guys at work raising their eyebrows in wonder. wink

Being all of 5"6" at my tallest and weighing it at about 140lb in my younger days, I was a "snipe master" if you'd ever met one.

I still recall my elder and larger brother commenting to me one day when we were working on a tractor or implement, "God didn't make you very big Dwayne, so let's hope he made you smart". laugh laugh

Should note I had a chunk of Schedule 80 sorta tubing about 7' long I used when knocking the 18' breaking disc gangs apart crossfire....

Anyway sir, as always it's been a pleasure and thanks again.

Actually as an aside, there's no bear to grind this year, but a few dead standing Ponderosas that are too close to the house need to come down - already limbed and topped so the hard part is done.

That and I'm working over a vintage Lakefield Mossberg 500AB for our eldest as a tenting companion as she's carrying on the family tradition of camping in bear infested spots - like there are some which aren't in our fair province.....but anyway this thing is turning out to run slicker than an Okanagan road in winter. grin

Oh, since you're an expat and all, Happy BC Family Day long weekend to you too - it's a new one they gave us working stiffs a couple years back which originated in Alberta I think???

All the best to you crossfire and thanks again.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"