Cariboo;
Good evening to you sir, I trust this finds you well and warm on this last week of January.

I grew up around Yorkton mainly but spent 3½ years in Nipawin too and had family living in spots like Black Lake and Cumberland House - so I too had a pair of moccasins.

We surely did all have the green duck parkas for work - and had the slippery nylon shelled, goose down stuffed parkas made in Zenon Park for school wear.

Other than what's been mentioned, one term that seems to be a Saskatchewan/Alberta term is "boomer" or [b]"load boomer" instead of "chain binder" or "load binder" that they use here in BC.[/b]

Anyway if I think of a few more Canuckisms I'll add them later, but that's all I can muster at present.

All the best to you Cariboo.

Dwayne

Oh Ya, Hoser you COULD expand on that theme,....but I know your busy grinding bear into sausage, and plotting your Spring capers, so's I'll revert to type, and help ya' out.

When ya' hit Kamloops, East bound, you'll grab the "SNIPE", and "Settle Down" yer' "Boomers". Than you'll find some poor damned local to help you get your triple side "Jewelry" snugged up on yer' "Drivers",......Phew,....Tough, "Racket" that. Once you've rested in your sleeper, so's to stay square with the damned "Scale Cops", you'll be off,....just a "Gumbootin'er'" up, through, and over the Rogers Pass, ....and down into Golden.

Keep the shiny side up, Eh ?

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 02/05/16.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain