The public schools have become like high security prisons, with all doors locked all the time, magnetic access cards to enter, security cameras covering almost every square inch of the exterior and hallways, gyms, and cafeterias. 'Lock-down' drills and actual lock-downs if something happens within several miles around.

I recently retired from the maintenance department in the largest school system in Ohio, and have seen the schools become steadily more oppressive fortresses.
The massive over-kill in 'security' has been brought on by a few intrusive shootings in other schools, but instead of simply solving the problem by allowing teachers, parents and other visitors to carry a gun, we now have multiple layers of 'security' and 'gun free' zones.

I don't really see much hope for anything to change any time soon.

Rant over,

Myron

P.S.: I should add that Ohio has amended it's law to allow teachers and others to carry in schools, but it is still up to the school district whether to allow it or not, and most still have their heads firmly up their azzes and won't allow it.

Last edited by speedsixman; 02/02/16.

How many peckers can a Pecker Checker check if a Pecker Checker could check peckers?
(stolen from shootinurse)