My last principal decided the only way to obey the laws was to keep all parents and grandparents out of the building. He had to choose between common sense and idiotic rules.

OTOH one of our local feeder middle schools has had two stabbings occur in the parking lot in the years I've been where I am. But it weren't the kids responsible......

In both cases it was altercations between parents crazy

The same place where the principal was wearing a bullet proof vest for a period of time while on after-school duty outside the school due to credible threats.

We recently had an ex-con parent brandish a handgun in the neighborhood when his kid was caught at vandalism by a property owner, everyone knows it happened, complainants were too scared to take it further. Same guy is said to be obliging his teenage niece to turn tricks, can't prove that either.

What would one do if parents like THAT expected to just up and walk around on campus?

Can't keep 'em out on suspicion.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744