Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox
I still remember the day that the superintendent came to speak to the student body and inform them that knives were no longer allowed under zero tolerance. As soon as he said it, half my students started pointing at me. I smiled and reached into my pocket and handed him my knife. He looked at it, smiled and handed it back to me.

I went to high school in the late 90's. We got a new principal. The first days of school, he made the rounds, introduced himself to each 1st hour class, asked if we had any questions. One of the girls asked 'can we still carry knives?' He reached in his pocket and pulled out a full sized Case Trapper, "Like this? yeah, thats fine".

At some BS conference I attended at a neighboring school a few months later (that got me out of class for the day), a vice principal came up to me in the dark auditorium, while a presentation from the stage was going on, "Hey, you got a knife on you?" "Uhhh, yeah, why?" He took it back to another teacher, and they used the tip of my knife as a screwdriver to fix somebodys glasses. I didn't feel right griping at them for dinging up my blade.