Originally Posted by Matt in Virginia
Guys,
I appreciate it, however, just a few points to consider:

1. I HATE case forming... Neck turning and case neck donuts rank right up there with Obama and AZZ Cancer as far as I am concerned. Neck and neck...

2. Lapua brass out of a box and ready to load is a beautiful thing in my world...

3. .308 Winchester will feed slick as a whistle in an 06' action... As will it's stable mates.

4. Big pile Hodgdon H4350 Extreme... Needs to be burnt in 37 to 45 grain increments. Long slippery pointy Berger bullets. Big heap magazine clearance.

5. 6.5-284 and 6.5-06' are throat eroding in the volume I enjoy shooting on the farm... 6.5x47L is not. I can see we are going to have an an uphill battle.

I feel a Stiller Tac 30 A/W and maybe a Predator coming into the picture... You are not going to allow me to mix the superlative 6.5x47L and a Pre-64 70. I knew there would be much resistance...(laughing)

Maybe I'll build one into a 9.3x62mm. That will certainly fill the niche that my new G Series M70 Express Action .375 H&H Echols Legend Build will not do...(Laughing and yet serious) My second full custom .375H&H Magnum project. Hoping to fix the issues with the first one..

Regards, Matt.

Sounds like you know everything and have everything. Why don't you just post pictures of your pretty pre 64 when done with it..... Who's going to put it together for you? Oh by the way, keep laughing. I could care the fu ck less. Don't listen to peoples suggestions here either and laugh away...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA