Originally Posted by mmgravy

Now with a much clearer picture of direction, criteria, platform and end product, it sounds like the 260 brass will be replaced with 6.5x47 brass....

Bob,
I will give them a call today. I doubt I will go alloy... Technically it will be an alloy, however, it will be sold as C/M or SS...;-). All depends on Darcy's Shrike count. We talked for an hour last week and he asked me if I wanted one as they were coming in "Friday" and like a dolt I passed. One of those few times he was really in a talkative mood and damned if I didn't have to be the one to break it off. Had no choice but I HAD to go and I'm talking to the wizard...

gravy,
I honestly think between 6.5x47 Lapua & 6.5 CM they very well MAY replace the .260 Remington. When I bought the 1K lot, 5 years ago, it was hottest item out... That said given bullet availability and magazine constraints the long .260 Rem Case is less than ideal.

That said when you look at which 6.5mm Lapua cases are most often sold out.... They are the 6.5x47 Lapua & the .260 Remington.... Further Bryan Litz choose the .260 Remington to add to the ABM line of Cartridges so I would not put the nail in the .260 Remington's Coffin Lid quite yet. Tis just the 6.5x47 Lapua is just about perfection for it's size, and it is a click behind both the .260 and the CM. It is kind of like being able to buy a Porsche for the same thing as you can buy a Camaro. Everything was worked out by the Swiss Design Team and they've had ten years to work the kinks out. Besides I have a gross ton of components. I am actually waiting on 48 more pounds of H4350 that came available in 8 pound containers the other day at $168 per... Which has been RARE to say the least... Mid South HAD 19 total and started by buying 12 8 pounders, as they've been impossible to find, however, I realized that was a part of the reason no else could find any so I called up and cut the order in half...

Good lord I digress again...

Best Regards, Matt.

The .260 is not dead quite yet...

http://www.buyabmammo.com/260-Rem-130-AR-Hybrids-Shot-1-Mile_b_13.html

NRA Life Benefactor Member