Brad,
I must admit the apology to you was in jest. It was one of those coming to terms with a homosexual type apologies you make to out someone as joke...(truly laughing now) Granted outing a Burris Laser Scope user is not really a joking matter. Guy took his own life in Winetka last year when s Burris joke turned tragic. He committed suicide due to carbon monoxide inhalation... No matter how bad the muffler of his Gremlin burned his lips he just kept going back for more until his mother backed over him on Krispy Kreme run. Damned kids and their sick jokes...

Bob,
I've shot a couple 06' turned to wanna be .308s and they worked, however, I should have known they were not ideal. Each case design had it's own specific feed rails.. That said I've felt some across the course rifles, as you referred to, that would make you wonder. That said with a copy of Roger Rule's Rifleman's Rifle, and Schwing's Model 21 tome set atop my custom lecturn that holds my copy of the OED, you would think I'd know some of that... You are one of the sharpest Pre-64 guys I've come across. I have a couple of your responses from 2011 bookmarked on the topic. Impressive Sir. You should be a teaching Riflesmith instead of the duds we had at CST. How D'arcy could have recommended that place to me I will never know. No one knew anything about timing a safety or any of the items that he or David Miller had mentioned. I of course had Miller's book as a text, however, it was deep to extricate a lesson plan from the pictures alone... I hope D'arcy writes something similar down the road.

I think your rifle is just about ideal for my purposes... I just have a desire to try the 6.5x47 Lapua... I've talked to not one person who did not love it...

Gentlemen,
Thank you for your input...

Regards, Matt Garrett
Chesapeake, Virginia
757-581-6270

NRA Life Benefactor Member