Originally Posted by BobinNH
Originally Posted by Sakohunter264
I'm very confused. I thought D'Arcy built the .260 Rem using a model 700 action. Do you have a picture of the finished rifle he built for his daughter? He must have recently completed the Model 70 build.

I think her present rifle is what DArcy described to me as a "Legend",which to me means it's a M70.

Another rifle is in the works and as I recall,it was to be either a Creedmoor or a 260,using a Rem action or clone, because he intended to use a Shrike.

Fwiw,
I think she is a very lucky little lady. Though I think she helps her dad from the range pictures on his blog. Seems to be a good shot to boot. I'd build my own daughter just about anything she wanter were I in his position. Wonderful to have a child, and a girl at that, who is interested in rifles and hunting...

It reminds me, NOT AT ALL to draw parallels, of a young lady who hunted ducks and geese on one of two exclusive & very private farms on Virginia's Easter Shore. Her father has THE 40 story high rise in the area... At any rate I remember her getting tired and deciding to walk back to the house. She unloaded her shotgun and layed it up against the wall in the front facing open pit blind as it was too heavy to carry all the way back to the barn and manor house. I walked over to find it was a KRIEGHOFF K-80 with an engraving pattern I have never seen before and a light coating of rust dust all over the blueing. Ducks be damned, I put my Winchester 21 Heavy Duck down, my first that I did not keep (stupid, stupid), and I pulled an ever present bottle of Clenzoil and and a clean rag from my bag and began to clean the outside of the gun and forend iron... I scrubbed and scrubbed but the light rust was too deep... It was not JUST a K-80 but a CUSTOM engraved K-80 and the entire thing just blew me away. I suppose if you place no value on something it has no value other than utilitarian. I put it sadly back in the corner with a heavy coat of the green stuff on wood and metal and shook my head... I digress... THIS HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH DARCY'S DAUGHTER. Just an interesting story of very different young ladies and expensive guns... I've followed her progress on his blog and something tells me she is FAR DIFFERENT than the Krieghoff Abuser... That was sad.

Best Regards, Matt.

NRA Life Benefactor Member