Bob,
The Kevlar look IS fetching though I have no use for it... A kevlar reinforced McMillan 40X stock is what gave me invasive tinnitus. Stock was so stiff it transferred the vibration of the firing pin fall to my jaw bone and into my inner ear. It has cost enough to buy a 4 rifle Legend set to say nothing of the misery. A simple Eagle stock pack would have taken care of the problem. What really makes me less than fond of Kelly McMillan is that he knew that was a problem and years later told me he would include a fifty cent piece of foam to tape to the cheekpiece if the customer wanted it. I had a lawyer, and a Harvard Lawyer who was as sharp as a my favorite Custom Sutton Medium Hunter... That said they were a big part of defending our nation, supporting our pastime, and I would not allow him to pursue it....

[Linked Image] Said Sutton Medium Hunter.. I prefer elephant ivory. Had some gifted to me from a tusker taken in Rhodesia in 62'. The expats are a lovely older couple whom I think the world of... He wants me to make two sets of ivory grips for a couple old russian revolvers and I want to send it to Nutmeg sports and pay to have 5 sets of 1911 grips and at least a pair of SAA grip(s) made as well as his grips made. That said he wants me to do it and not depend on professionals...(color me nervous)

You know I would not pay over $500 to borrow your Washburn Super Box & Follower for a week. I have the extra long action boxes covered, however, the standardard short actions elude me and I have yet to find a Legend for sale that was not already sold by the time I got to it. I would just like to understand the geometry of the box and know how much wider such a box would have to go. The old Mauser formula that Mr. Blackburn went by did not exactly cover everything according to some in the know. What I need to do is ask D'arcy if I can rent or buy one short the $16K typical fee.... laugh

Regards, Matt.

Last edited by Matt in Virginia; 02/14/16.

NRA Life Benefactor Member