Originally Posted by Matt in Virginia
Originally Posted by BobinNH

I just did something similar in 6.5 Creedmoor on a short Rem 700,25" #3 fluted SS Benchmark,bedded by Alex Sitman in an Echols Shrike, Edge fill, with Sunny Hill BM. Alex finished it up this week. I should see it soon.

Guess I built it with the same intent as Matt. Sounds like a fun rifle.

Bob,
I was talking to Alex Sitman the other day about finishing an Echols Legend. He was working on your rifle and telling me how much he liked it... I don't know how much he will like the blank without the bolt cutout. That said his prices were very reasonable and he seems to genuinely like the Shrike. Funny you posted this... I called D'arcy over an hour ago to see what was left from last weeks Shrike delivery. Change the Creedmoor to the 6.5x47 Lapua and we have the SAME idea... Sunny Hill BM and all. Have a stainless Remington, however, Jerry Stiller wants me to try a Predator and the price is really right..

Would LOVE to see some pictures of your new rifle when you get it back... He truly did go on at length about how much he liked the pattern. Small world.

Regards, Matt.

Thanks Matt I am lathered to see it myself!

I will try to get some pictures up when it arrives. It will not be painted, but Alex primed it and I may go full Philistine on this and leave it naked. grin

This stock was scheduled for a 6.5 Creed to be built for DArcy's daughter,but he insisted I take it as he would not get to the rifle for a year or so. As I recall Alex said the bolt cut out had to be done on mine,so I think the stock came that way.Alex also added pad and studs for me

I have never had Alex do a bedding job;my buddy RinB on here is the one from whom I bought the rifle, already on its way to Alex and by reputation he is one of the best.I understand he does a lot of match rifles,and is very meticulous.

I would confirm his pricing seems very reasonable.

Thanks for the comments on the pre 64's.... smile I have had a few and am anal about rifle function,so notice small details. If a rifle does not function well I generally never get to the accuracy part of the equation,the only reason I know a mere smidgeon about the topic. Mostly I can't teach anyone much of anything but I do appreciate the comments. smile

On the function issue, I handled a Czech ZG47 this past fall. Chambered for the 7x57. The owner gave me dummies to play with and run through the rifle and it was "Oh....MY- NICE!" wink

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.