A shooting chrony gives me an ES of ~30 fps over the last 25 years I've had it. Sometimes less sometimes more, but never settled down.

Some of these were very good loads according to the target, holding an MOA to 1000 yards.

Now my very good loads have ES's <10fps and I see it on the targets.

Accurate velocities made it possible to see the effect of changes I've done to lower ES, made the Quickload program work a lot better, which again shrunk groups.

Those 1/2 moa groups at a 100 yards that never stood up at long distance were ferreted out as to having unacceptable ES's that weren't seen on the target at 100.

So, is it 0.1%, I don't know but Quickload works as it should , Ballistic calculators work as they should, and if not you can find out why not.

Solving any equation that requires a velocity seems to work out now. The unit sits beside the bench and every shot is recorded which begins to build a good statistical record.

Back to the calculation of BC, correct velocity is the key for any calculations.

So, in short, I didn't just believe it, I worked it, as science is not faith based.