Originally Posted by aalf
Originally Posted by mathman
I thought you might go that way with the discussion, but it doesn't really address the question. Make no mistake, I'm not of the belief that since I can't do it then you can't either. I know I don't have the skill and equipment to resolve such a fine detail. To prove it does/doesn't matter requires the equipment and skill you possess. My sticking point is you'd need to run a several blind tests.

I knew I was going there too...... wink

We agree more than we disagree, but when I'm loading for a match, it doesn't take any longer to weigh to the kernel than not. I use a Sartourios that weighs to the hundredth, but I don't fret over a couple either way.

1K BR is all about the details, so stacking tolerances will not bode well in the end. There may be more than one thing I do that may or may not make a difference, but the expense of testing every one is too costly in a $600 barrel, but costs nothing to do, except a little time.

I've set enough club, state, and world records to prove what I do is not for naught....

The other poster did fret over them though, and in a less exacting discipline IIRC. That's what got me started.

I appreciate a good conversation, so thanks.