Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by Axtell

Smokepole

You are reading this initial post incorrectly. You are presuming that you can take a listed BC plunk it into a ballistic program and get 'advertised results'.

I'm presuming nothing, just reading what you wrote. When you say someone else's numbers are "pretty close" you're saying the numbers are good, but could be better.

In other words, you're saying Litz's numbers are close but not right on.

The only way you can know that is if you have better numbers, and that's what your statement implies.

Which is nonsense.

And that BS you were directing at Huntsman has nothing to do with it. I just think you're FOS.

BC's will vary somewhat due to as stated previously twist rate, environmentals and in addition the degree of 'damage' the bullet gets as it enters the rifling all play a part.

There are no better numbers ......just numbers that jive with reality of bullet drop.

I won't go into the effects of refraction, probably a waste of time in this conversation.

Depending on your shooting discipline, whether it is hunting deer at near ranges, varmints at long range or 1000 yard competition, will dictate the level performance required for success.

Its better to have a high level of performance and not need it than the other way around.