Originally Posted by CraigC
BS, that's the marketing and where do you think I learned that all they have is their own QC staff at Uberti? Talk to the folks who own a bunch from all the various importers (myself included) and those who have taken factory tours and they will all tell you there's not a lick of difference between them. Because there isn't. Sorry but the idea that you're getting a better gun or upgraded wood from Cimarron is just false. My SAA replica with the best looking wood is from Taylor's.

"Entry level" and "high end" is a bit vague. They have their basic guns, which come off the line with every other from Taylor's, DGW, EMF and Stoeger. Then there are those that are tuned, which is done by a gunsmith stateside. Then there is the option for the US finish, the antique finish or nickel for any of their guns and that's all farmed out in the US. IMHO, customer service and the availability of those options is what sets Cimarron apart. Not the quality of their basic guns.

For the record, the only Uberti I've ever had to send back was a Cimarron and it was for fit/finish issues.

You can argue with someone that doesn't have firsthand knowledge about this very company, but you won't snowjob me on it. I know better.

Please continue on.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!