And again, we have a lot of words exchanged and a lot of personal comments but not a single one describing that magical Cimarron difference. Not a single post to refute my comments on a technical level. Just insults and fluff.

I've been threatening to do a Uberti/Colt/USFA breakdown and comparison for years. Surely someone has done the same thing with a Cimarron to prove they're so much better than those from Taylor's or Dixie Gun Works.

Originally Posted by rockinbbar
What makes someone truly an idiot is that that person refuses to learn anything. Simply believing you are right, and ignoring what more experienced people tell you, and dismissing them as liars won't gain you anything but idiot status.

I could say the same about you. How is a Cimarron employee "more experienced" with the guns of the other importers?

Mike wouldn't tell you anything. Nobody can. You have proven that.

I am here to learn. I just don't buy propaganda from salesmen. Known too many of them for that to happen.

Beyond that fact that Cimarron innovated a better fit, finish, and authentic markings, and went past that to engineer innovative new products with Uberti, you miss the fact that the industry changed because of that pickiness and attention to detail that was a partnership between Cimarron and Aldo Uberti.

Never argued that, at all.

Uberti makes guns for other brands too, so eventually the features Mike was paying extra for may have been picked up by others importing from Uberti. They pay extra too.

Doesn't that kinda support my point that there is no difference between them?

There isn't just "One Finish Grade" on everything. Uberti offers different levels of finish. Those that pay for that get it. Those that don't, don't.

Then it should be easy to quantify.

Until Cimarron set the high mark on fit and finish, as well as innovative design details and accuracy to detail of Colt's, then the Italian replicas were crude at best.

Never argued this either.

Today there are differences in fit and finish in Cimarron's lineup. You pay more you get more.

As I already said and YOU of all people should know, there are the basic guns. Then there are the factory tuned guns, the US finish and the nickel finishes, which are all done stateside.

Do other companies offer that? Some do.

Apparently they all do and have for some time, because they're all the same.

But to deny that Cimarron was the company paired with Aldo Uberti that brought about those changes in the way guns were made, and the level of quality that was accepted is totally ignorant on your part. I have seen the differences in bluing, case colors, proofmarks, and the actual functional parts.

I never denied that. Actually, I have said countless times that Uberti has greatly enhanced their products since I bought my first, 30yrs ago.

Mike wouldn't tell you anything. Nobody can. You have proven that.

Yeah, who do you think I talked to when they got the ejector wrong on the 1860 Richards Type II?

You ARE the dumbass kid that said the stingers were more powerful.

I would expect no less from a Cimarron employee, in a discussion about the enhanced wonderfulness of Cimarron products. I guess all those other folks who've owned dozens of these guns, the writers who've reviewed dozens of these guns and the CAS shooters who put tens of thousands of rounds through these guns a year are also dumbasses? Can I have your name, so we can have you on official record as calling anyone who thinks Cimarron's guns are just like all the rest are dumbasses? The folks that own guns from all the importers might like to know this.