By my count, I've asked ten times now. Apparently, while both Ethan Edwards and Barry Stewart claim that Cimarron's are better and that I'm an idiot, neither can tell you why or in what way.

I own 40 single action revolvers, plus a handful of Italian rifles and a bunch of leverguns and can tell you exactly what the differences are between Colt, Uberti, Ruger, USFA, Pietta, Winchester (USA), Winchester (Miroku), Pedersoli, Armi-sport, Marlin, Henry and others. I can tell you that virtually ALL Italian replicas need action work, regardless of importer. I can tell you that virtually ALL Colt SAA's (and Rugers!) need action work. I can tell you that late model domestic USFA's are so well machined, fitted and finished that they do NOT need action work. I can tell you that the Colt SAA's of the last 10yrs are the best they've ever made. I ought to know, I'm the one that does the action work. I can also tell you there's no difference between the guns marketed by Cimarron, Taylor's, EMF, Dixie Gun Works or Stoeger (Uberti house brand). Up to this point, the ONLY folks I've ever heard say that Cimarrons were better, were those who didn't know any better and were just repeating what they'd heard.