If I had not owned this breed I would be very cautious around them like any other guard dog breed and understand there are those that hate Rottweilers as much as Pit's.

I am less concerned with Dobermans, and even less so with German Shepherds but I had two GS's growing up.

My homeowners insurance would not insure me with a Rottweiler as well as a list of other breeds, I will address that when the time comes.

Originally Posted by Clint
I have a 14 week old Rottie and she is 35 pounds of joy. She can be be a little stubborn but she sure is smart. I am a very happy camper, so far. The neighborhood kids come down and play with her. I introduced the dog to the parents and explained the need to socialize while it is a pup. I am retired and have plenty of time to spend with her.

Clint, is this your first?

I can't say if socializing or being Alpha is more important but I believe you can't go wrong socializing the puppy with a lot of different people (strangers), the breeds instinct to protect their "space" should take care of those who are up to no good.

Last edited by RDW; 07/24/16.

Dave