I owned two and to clarify, I owned their arse.

A few years back I was doing chores around the buildings and noticed some cattle milling around in the barnyard. When I investigated they were breathing hard and wide eyed. I climbed up on the corral loading chute to have a look around and spotted a yearling beef down on its forelegs about 300 yards out in the pasture and what appeared to be a canine harassing it

Got the Savage 99 250-3000 out of the truck and jumped on the ATV. When I got to within 50 yards a Rot quit chewing on the beef's back leg and stared at me. A Sierra 90 grain HPBT put him down.

The beef's ears and tail were bit off and a lot of blood was foaming out of its mouth. A bullet put it out of its misery.

In another incident, I was on a fence division Township committee to settle a dispute. While surveying one of the landowners showed up with a Rot. The Rot jerked the leash out of his hand and within seconds had one of the committee members by the leg. One guy prodded the dog with a prism pole and it let loose of the guy and bit on the pole. When the guy was clear I put three 9mm rounds from my Kahr CW9 into it.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime