Originally Posted by Hondo64d
I find the mil quad on the 10x a little fine at low light. Enough so that it pushed me to try the 3-9 which has the .07 mil reticle as opposed to the .05 mil on the 10x. The difference is significant, with the 3-9 being noticeably more visible during the last few minutes of legal light. I would rather use a fixed x scope, and surely would if it came with a .07 mil reticle, but as it is, I will use the 3-9 until it fails me.

John

Wanted to add that my complaint about the subtensions is purely with losing the tic marks in low light. Not uncommon to not see the deer here until last light, and then at 300-400 yards against the dark mesquites. The hash marks are getting a little hard to see in those instances and the wind here often necessitates some hold off which, of course makes seeing the hash marks a good thing.

At relatively close range, the fat post allow you to bracket your target. Got this 'yote in the headlights the other night at about 130 yards with the 3-9 SS. All I could really see was the light outline of the 'yote which I bracketed between the post. Was shooting my 22-250 barrel and no hold off was required.

John

[Linked Image]

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14