Fredrica,

How VERY "exciting" for you to be peeking at Rats in the Pecker Pole Patch,right offa the landing. Congratulations?!?

What is that piece of fhuqking schit in the sillywet peecture? It certainly couldn't muster the requisite "Ooomph",to pull a greasy string out of a cat's ass. You Window Licking Tonka Toy DUMB Fhuqks are a hoot!

This won't pull much more than 500,000 pounds...if only 'cause perspective is not never funnier than fhuqk. Nothing funnier than Flat Landing Fence Hoppers "lauding" their Stupidity,if only obliviously. Hint. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Fascinating that Elk are now "rare",as per your Imagination and it's Pretend. I reckon that's why you get soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited about a fhuqking RAT in the Rhubarb Patch.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!....................

Remy,

I'd chop it's length to 20" and simply weight the butt to balance. You can't lose enough up front with a bull contour,to counteract that constant's requisite. A Slash HEAVY buffer is a nice way to fly and adds mass in a handy location. Stock selection is of course paramount and there are multiple paths there.

There's no way to make a 308 shine and ditching that spout,to score something more svelte in a superior chambering,will only add satisfaction to the equation. You can reap a weight reduction,a length reduction,superior balance/handling,as well as less drop,drift and recoil...if only for starters.

Very easy to arrange a .530BC at 2900fps in a 20" modest contour,for under 20 Clams per hunnert boolits. It smokes Skinners in a Three-Oh-Not So-Great(the best pitch when talking Krunchenticker COAL confines),as flight characteristics go,as well as being able to bank a Smooch and add Precision. The SAAMI 243Win is a fhuqking monster in a Krunchenticker.

If it helps your cause and you lost a fhuqking bet big enough,to be FORCED to suffer a Three-Oh-Not So-Great,I'll give you my 20" DPMS OEM takeoff fluted spout,chambered same. It's better than a .5MOA tube with moly Skinners. I'd MUCH rather reduce contour/length on a Krunchenticker,than add mass to offset a stupid spout's impetus.

Bore internals,matter wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more than contour externals. Cow Barrels are where it's at.

Hint..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."