Well, it would be nice to have the latest, but OUCH (!) new textbooks are spendy. Guess the 11th focuses on the newer composites, and mfg. processes now in play therewith.

The Eighth had a foot in both worlds, so to speak, and was a bit weak on the cutting edge in composites

The ninth edition turned up with contradictory (and,to the students, extremely confusing illustrations regarding reading the vernier scale.) At the time this was a $150 book ! This is not on DeGarmo and his team, it's on the buffoons proof reading final drafts prior to running off a gazillion copies.

I actually had to generate the "paste in" revision / correction and hand em' out, on my own dime.

Critiques aside, I'l advise ANYBODY who enjoys threads of this nature, regarding ANY of the broad strata of materials we use and consume daily,... if you own this book, and have it handy, you WILL find yourself pulling it off the shelf on a regular basis.
Those who find this sorta' material boring, but who have kids that show interest in it should have a copy,...

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 09/30/16.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain