Originally Posted by nighthawk

Anyway, had the owner call Remington who sent a prepaid box along with profuse apologies and repaired it quickly.

My impression of a similar process (as with every other dealing I've had with Remington) left me rather soured. It went like this:

-Called the warranty/service number to see where I should ship it.

-Was told to send it to a "local" service center (which meant a 500 mile plane ride to Fairbanks (My cost: $25)

-Service center received my rifle and, after enough time to re-braze it many times over, I was informed that it had to be sent to the factory. "Please send money to cover shipping."

- Me: "Uh, I already paid to ship a warranty problem to the "Service Center" the factory wanted it shipped to!"

- They: "Well, if you want the rifle to be repaired you'll have to pay shipping."

- Me: "Alright, well have them ship it back to me then so I don't have to pay shipping a third time."

- They: "They can't do that. It has to be returned to us. They can only ship to the original shipper that sent it to them."

- Me: "Fantastic. Screwed three times is perfect!" (When the factory should have done it correctly to begin with.)

Remington has a great investment cast bolt handle. It's how they attach the damned thing that needs to be corrected. I'll just stick with the fully cast bolts which my Rugers have on them when I need rifles I can really depend upon.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.