I hate guns like that - all they are is teasers. The biggest issue is that I have found with a rifle that will only shoot one load good is that even if a load is found that shoots good it just doesn't seem to keep doing it very long.

I am assuming that since it is an ADL it has the tupperware stock. If so try putting it back in the tupperware stock but put a couple of piece of business cards under the front of the receiver so that the barrel free-floats. This will at least give you an idea if it is a bedding issue. I have actually had pretty good luck with the tupperware stocks, although they can be finicky, I have had the best results by tightening the action screws pretty tightly. I have also cured a couple of poor shooters by free-floating in the tupperware stocks.

If it is not a bedding issue then cut your losses - sell the B&C stock, sell the BDL bottom metal and sell the rifle to someone who wants an action to build on - then buy another Tikka or another Savage.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.