Shot gun about 35 times today with 4064, and Varget. Tumbling all my Remington brass that I have been using so I worked up 50 Winchester brass. I tried the same powder charge and seating depth that I had used to shoot the good groups the evening before, the only change was Winchester brass. It didnt like the Winchester brass! Tried some 75gr V-Max's and 4064, at several seating depths and it would not shoot to my liking. I also tried some 80gr Barnes TTSX's and it didnt like them!! Figured I would give Varget another try and thought that I might be on to something when I shot a 1/2" 3 shot group with the 70gr TNT at the same seating depth as the good groups from 4064 and Remington brass. I measure OAL and Ogive. The ogive is 3.175. That is where previous good groups have measured. After shooting the 1/2" group, I through together 5 more and shot at same bullseye. the total group measured around 1 3/4" for 8 shots. I am unsure about the gun! It is driving me crazy!! I have 10 more of the 4064 load that shot good yesterday, I had put them up in case I decided to go try and call a coyote. I am going to shoot them tomorrow, weather permitting, and if they show inconsistency, I may just pull whats left of my hair out and take it to my gunsmith for a new tube!

HeavyBarrel

Last edited by HeavyBarrel; 12/30/16.

" A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government"
G. Washington