Every rifle is different, as far as the bullet/powder combination it likes. Although I've rarely found it to be the case, sometimes cases and primers can even make a difference. Bullet seating depth also plays a part. So far, if I've I read your posts correctly, you've only tried one bullet, the 70 grain Speer. If the rifle were mine, I would have already tried several more bullet weights and brands. That's what I love about the 243...there's a variety of bullets out there to experiment with. I don't think it's fair to judge a rifle on the fact that you can't get it to shoot the Speers like you want it to. Who knows, it might be a tack driver with another bullet. I have a Howa 204 that's my truck gun. I have a dislike for the 32 grain VMAx as a coyote bullet, and tried several other bullets in this rifle. But, the one it consistently shoots the best is.....you guessed it, the 32 grain VMax. So, that's what I shoot in it. I reload for 4 different 243's, all Model 700's. One of them shoots everything good, while the others seem to prefer certain bullets. Experiment, that's the only way to see if a rifle will shoot or not.