Update on .243. Got gun back from smith today. Had it re-bedded and crown touched up. Got home, mounted and torqued scope, and action and tried some ammo I had loaded and ready for trial. Had some 70gr Speer TNT loaded with 47gr of IMR 4350, 5 to be exact. Shot all five after fouling barrel and getting scope close with some factory. Printed a nice 3/4"group! Pretty pumped so I had some 80gr Barnes TTSX's loaded up with 4350 and they did about 2" for a 5 shot group. Had 5 Speers's loaded with varget, same OAL as the first Speers's with 4350 and it did about a 2" group with those five. Had some more Barnes loaded with Varget and they did 2" or slightly a little more. Loaded about 20 more Speers's with the 4350 at same specs as the first that shot 3/4" but ran out of day light so I have yet to confirm. Cleaned the bore really well and will give them a try tomorrow.
Will keep yall posted and hope that it wasnt a fluke!

HeavyBarrel

" A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government"
G. Washington